NSI NACOSS Gold Approved Installers
Here at A.P.E Fire & Security, we’re committed to ensuring the security of your property is never compromised. For over 40 years, we’ve been providing industry-leading fire alarms, CCTV systems, biometric devices and other fire and security systems to clients across the UK.
Our specialist services have achieved a wealth of certifications since we started in 1977, helping to reassure our clients that their property is in the safe hands of experienced and reputable security experts. We are proudly recognised by NSI as a NACOSS Gold member, meaning our fire and security systems are designed and installed to the highest British and European standards.
To help explain a little more about NSI and what this accreditation means, we’ve put together this mini guide explaining everything you need to know.
What is NSI?
NSI (National Security Inspectorate) are considered to be the UK’s leading certification body for the fire and security industry. Their primary aims are to improve the standard of security throughout the country and reassure property owners who utilise NSI approved companies that they’re receiving the highest recognised industry standards. They regularly audit, closely monitor and re-certify their certified organisations to make sure that they are maintaining the high standards and requirements that enabled them to achieve the certification in the first place.
Why Was the NSI Created?
The NSI was created in 2001 when ISI (Inspectorate of the Security Industry) merged with NACOSS (National Approval Council for Security Systems) to create a unified inspectorate that covered all elements of the fire and security industry. Before 2001, the two certifying bodies both worked towards raising standards in the security sector, but it was thought that having one definitive certification body would be of more value and benefit to customers and suppliers.
What Does NSI Gold Mean?
NSI operates a two-tier award system, NSI Silver and NSI Gold, as a way for businesses to demonstrate the standard of their working practices –
- The Silver certification solely focuses on product accreditation and compliance with industry specific standards. This certification is aimed towards new businesses and is viewed as a basic accreditation.
- The Gold certification also demonstrates product accreditation and compliance with industry specific standards, but also signifies that a company operates a Quality Management System that is relevant to the individual company’s industry. These standards cover various internationally recognised certificates, such as BS EN 9001, BS EN ISO 14001 and BH OHSAS 18001.
Benefits of Using an NSI Gold Security Company
If you’re wanting to reliably protect your property, it’s absolutely essential that you utilise an NSI Gold accredited organisation. Not only do they provide the most advanced and secure products and systems, they also provide the best support available in the industry.
Here’s some of the main benefits of using an NSI Gold accredited security firm, all of which apply to us here at A.P.E –
- They operate a 24-hour call out service and respond to emergencies within 4 hours.
- They’ve demonstrated technical and managerial competence, and are regularly audited to make sure these high levels are maintained.
- The company’s staff receive high level training and are experts in their field.
- They’ll issue a Certificate of Compliance upon installation of all devices.
- All engineers and other relevant staff of the company who visit your premises have been vetted and security screened to British Standard 7858.
- Customers are assured that inspections are carried out regularly by fully approved auditors.
- They employ the services of NSI approved ARCs (Alarm Receiving Centres) to provide 24/7 monitoring and alert the relevant police authority when they believe security has been breached at an alarmed property.
- They offer a maintenance contract with the system.
- Their standards are constantly updated to reflect the latest developments and practices.
- Many insurance companies offer discounts for alarms installed by NSI approved companies because they know that NSI thoroughly inspect the work of its member companies which therefore reduces the risk to the insurance company.
NSI Gold Installer Bristol
At A.P.E Fire & Security, we take great pride in being an NSI NACOSS Gold company. We’re dedicated to protecting domestic, commercial, industrial, retail and many other types of properties in and around the Bristol area and across the entire UK to the highest standard. Our team of trained surveyors and engineers have all the skills required to ensure your building is kept safe and are able to devise a solution to meet all budgets.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch today to find out how can help, or to receive a free no obligation quote.
See more: Top Trends in Building Security for 2019